Raise your swords to a new Beginning
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Asuna-RO Forums » Support » Player Reports » Before Posting A Report (Read Me)
Before Posting A Report
EtnaDate: Thursday, 2007-11-29, 7:58 PM | Message # 1
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Well, as you clicked on this thread I assume you need help on reporting (Or you are simply looking at it). Etna has made an awesome guide on uploading screenshots below, so I suggest you read it. If you are going to report and are actually going to READ my guide, then you gain +1 internet

Great, as you've got your reward, lets get learning.

If you get abused in any form, or see someone else being abused you usually are compelled to report the offender, and thus make a thread on the forums in the respecting report section, depending on the type of abuse. You type in what happened and to express your anger, you put WAY too many emotes, and say something along the lines of "B4|\|1337SC4|\/||\/|3R!!at@!one!1! H3 K53D |\/|3!!twoatone1!!eleventyone!1`". Wow, hold on there, don't report like that! You'll get shunned, ridiculed, and probably ignored! What you want to do is report properly. Thats why this guide is here (Parts of this guide may be invalid, so double check the reporting rules).

SECTION ONE:
A basic ksing scenario

You're going around, mobbing in nif_fild02, when suddenly a wizard comes out of nowhere JTing your Loli Ruri!
Your first step is to take a screenshot of you simply asking him/her to not ks while they are attacking (while having your cursor ontop of them), and in a kind manner such as "Please don't ks". This may stop the wizard right there, but theres a chance he/she will continue. if he/she does, take another screenshot of you asking him/her once more. If he/she doesn't keep taking screenshots for every KS. Next, go to the forums and calmly explain the problem, while posting your screenshots. GMs will delete your post if the person in question was delt with (or if it was an invalid report, so make certain its valid!).

SECTION TWO:
Reporting bots

You are walking around in prt_maze03 when a sinx suddenly warps in kills then baphomet jr. you were killing, grabs your ygg berry, and then as quickly as he/she came, have warped away. The difficulty in bot reporting is that there is a potential that it could be a real player thats just ksing you. So basically follow the ksing section as best you can (Try hard to get the name). If you get the name try pming it by saying "Hi" at first. The reply might be inhumanly fast or may be delayed, they person may also end up logging off for X amount of minutes which usually tells that they are a bot. Say "Hi" again and if you get a similar response try asking "Are you a bot?". Of course, the bot would automatically reply "no" or simply log off again for X amount of minutes. Ask it again, all the while taking screenshots. Take your screenshots to the bot reporting section and post your findings.

SECTION THREE:
GM Impersonation

You're sitting in pront with a chat open with "T> My Donation Helm = your Donation Shoes". Two possible scenario's can happen. Here they are:

1. Someone comes in saying "Hi" or something to that effect, and suddenly, [ADM]Etna talks without being in there! (Sorry Etna, you just came to mind. :P) Wow, the GMs sure have cool commands, right? [color="red"]Wrong, that isn't a command![/color] Thats the lone person with you using spaces to try and trick you into giving them items. Just two or three screenshots is good to get them.
2. Someone with [ADM], [GM], or something that makes them look important pms you saying either:
A. YOU WIN ______! PLEASE GIVE YOUR ID AND PASS TO ME TO GIVE YOU THE ITEMS!
or
B. You have been reported for _______ing. I need your ID and password to see if this is true.
Screenshot the convo, while NOT giving them your password OR ID. More so your ID then password in my opinion,
as they can brute your ID to get your password. A password is only as good as the ID it's used for. Take your screenshots and report then on the GM Impersonation forums.

SECTION FOUR:
Scams and Hacks

This section has two sub sections.

Scams:
Similar scenario to the GM impersonation, because the two very near the same thing as they both make you lose items and/or zeny. You're sitting in pront with a chat with "T>My Donation Helm helm = your Donation Cloak+500 yggs" and someone offers to trade. You go to trade, and just before you hit the trade button, you highlight the items he is trading and they are not what they are supposed to be! Take screenshots with him highlighted (For extra security). Take your screenshot to the forums and report him.
NOTE: He may also 'accidentally' cancel, banking on the fact that he hopes you checked before and won't check again. Just take the screenshot and report him.

Hacks:
Now, this is a hazy section because usually, the only reason you got hacked was because you have/had a crappy ID or password, or did a stupid move of accidentally letting that sensitive info out. Its hard to report this, but if you CAN manage to take screenshots at any point for any type of proof that person actualy did it, TAKE THEM!

SECTION FIVE:
Verbal abuse

No one likes to be called a (insert insult here). So when for any type of scenario it happens, be the bigger man/woman and simply ask them to stop (politely) and screenshot yourself doing so. If they don't stop, keep screenshotting it and don't break and cuss at them back, as people will probably say something along the lines of "You egged him on by cussing back.". Just take the screenshots to the forums, politely type out what happened, and post your screenshots.

Thats the end of the guide. Hopefully you guys learned a couple things on reporting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to upload Images

Well don't we all love it when we try to post a screen and all people get is ÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿà......ÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿà..... and more ÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿà ... on the window where there should be an image? Didn't think so ^^;

Solution: http://www.imageshack.us

Go to the link that takes you to imageshack to post your screens in a few easy steps:

Step 1: Click "Browse" and select the file your screenshot is in
Step 2: Resize the image for messageboards and emails using the drop-down box below the upload window on the page.
Step 3: Click "Host It!" ... wait ...
Step 4: Now scroll down below and find "Direct Link To Image". Copy this URL code and do one of the next two options in step 5.
Step 5a: Simply paste the url code on the post here in the forums.
Step 5b: Click the IMG button found under the B, I, U, FONT bars above in the code buttons section.
Step 6: Write your message if you haven't already, click 'Post New Topic' and you're DONE ^^

So here, folks, is how to avoid the ÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿà monster. I hope you find it helpful and use it often cause I'm sure the GMs will love you all for the nice ÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿà-less image links. ^^ Have a nice day and happy posting.

Reporting Guide written by Ragenule, Image Guide written by Etna

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this guide will help players in their posting and make our reporting section a little more organized and orderly once we start up the server. This topic will now be closed. If anyone has a question about the guide or about reporting, feel free to PM me or any of the other GMs or Admins.

Message edited by Etna - Monday, 2008-01-07, 10:57 PM

Asuna-RO Forums » Support » Player Reports » Before Posting A Report (Read Me)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024Powered by uCoz